New Introduction to Floor Loom Weaving course

I am so excited to bring you the news that this course is now available! The Introduction to Floor Loom Weaving course is my biggest class yet, with almost 4.5 hours of video instruction plus printable PDFs.


I designed this course for new floor loom weavers, or those who simply want to "make friends" with their loom and gain confidence weaving. 
The topic list is huge, but includes loom anatomy, calculations, reading drafts, warping, dressing the loom, the mechanics of weaving, and much more! 


The course is project based so participants will end up with a beautiful 3 shaft double cowl scarf. 

I hope to make follow up classes to take students through 4 and 8 shaft projects in the near future.

If you're interested in this course, visit my Online Weaving School, where you can watch a preview for the class. It is available as a single purchase, or, if you are a subscriber, this course is included in your subscription, simply login to view.

Happy Weaving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and classes and am very excited! I am a brand new weaver with very little knowledge on the process. I purchased a new to me LeClerc Artisat 4 shaft floor loom last summer but haven't done a thing with it yet. Still being like a deer in the headlights of an oncoming car... totally overwhelmed and intimidated. I am wondering, which is going to show my ignorance immediately, can one weave with just 3 shafts on a 4 shaft loom? I want to sign up for you newest class but wanted to make sure this is possible. Plan on signing up for your $8 per month subscription so I can take your classes on the rigid heddle loom as well. I do have a rigid heddle loom as well, and again, have not yet used it even though it is much less intimidating. I know, I know, silly me! Anyway, it's nice to meet you...
Hugs for now from still snowy New Hampshire USA

Kelly Casanova said...

Hi Elizabeth, Welcome to the wonderful world of weaving!
The good news is that the floor loom class is included in a yearly or monthly subscription :)
Yes, you can absolutely weave 2, 3, and 4 shafts on a 4 shaft loom.
I know how bewildering it can all be for a start, but soon, with a bit of practice, you will be up and weaving well.

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
almost...HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed
what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.